Thursday, September 6, 2018

Goals - Publishing



I just finished a blog on Icy Road, it's an announcement of taking K. A. Jordan e-books 'wide' to as many outlets and vendors as I can.

In addition, I've taken steps to publish as many of my mother's short stories as I can in the next two years. I've enlisted some people to help me. I've pulled out the fourth volume and started reading. I've sent packets of short stories to a Beta Reader for evaluation.

Because, it will be 10 years since I started publishing e-books in 2020. And in ten years, I should know if this hobby of mine will ever become a business, or if it will continue to be a drop in the bucket. The best way for me to figure it out is to make a big push to see what happens.

After all, the Hoard is gone, my parent's farm is gone, the estate is settled and I have my life back. Two of my horses are over 30 years old, I'm looking to re-home the young mare so I don't have to put her down when the other two cross the bridge. The alpacas are slated for a new home this fall. We can sell the geese and the ducks without any problem. I can bring my chickens with me, just not the roosters.

Honestly, by the time 2020 rolls around, I'll have a better idea of the political climate. Right now, the news concerns me greatly. As does the report I get from Google on my blog readership.

In 2020 I'll reach a personal milestone - and I've been asking myself if I want to spend the rest of my life working on this farm, or do I want to retire to the City? There are a lot of nice cities out there. And I want what the millennial generation wants, a place with public transportation. I'd like to be part of an artists colony, but those are very hard to find.

The long list includes: Cleveland (it has RTA and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame), Erie PA, Buffalo NY, Panesville OH, Fairport Harbor, Madison on the Lake and Ashtabula Harbor.

So I'm going to work it out in the next two years.

No comments:

The Enthropy in Travel

Oh the pretty cabins! Pretty, pretty cabins! I'm gonna travel to a national forest and stay in a pretty cabin with all the fun things a ...