Saturday, December 7, 2013

What's that? Critters' Stand Off!

The horses are eating the new bale of hay. There was a lot of snorting and circling before I could coax them close enough to see what I had.

Today, the old gelding walked up to the fence near Tonka, sniffing curiously.

Tonka walked away. I'm glad he didn't spit. Poor old horse is so sweet natured, it would have shocked him.

The mares were split, the young mare is by the bale, hiding behind it, in fact. The old mare is eating a small pile of hay I used to bait her closer.

Catching the alpacas still requires a catch pen. However, I was able to get them to eat grain from the bucket. So there is hope that I'll be able to walk up to them and put a lead rope on them. Once I can do that in the pen, I can turn them loose in the pasture.

I'm not holding my breath, mind you.

No comments:

The Enthropy in Travel

Oh the pretty cabins! Pretty, pretty cabins! I'm gonna travel to a national forest and stay in a pretty cabin with all the fun things a ...