Monday, November 18, 2013

As the Year Winds Down

I've been thinking, as I wash, card and spin a big bag of llama fiber, about this year.

I got to know a great guy, a fellow artist, who was going through a tough time. Talking to him really made me think about my own life. He was on the fence about using his god-given talent or staying put.

He picked his art.

One of the things we talked about is being true to yourself. Life is difficult. Trying to force yourself into a mold that doesn't fit is painful. It's like being a plum in a banana world.

Now my friend appears to be well on his way back to the world of plums. LOL

I'm happy for him. Even though his success makes me wonder about my own life. There's so much going on. It's like I'm spinning in circles. The chaos and the drama never eases up for long. There's always something.

Truth is - I'm worn out from it all. I keep trying to find some way to relax and blow some stress. There are some physical problems that need to be addressed, and I'm getting ready to do that.

Once I'm over that mess, I'm going to take some time to rest and relax. Things are running smoothly here at the farm. Winter is the time to ease up on some things, and get around to tasks that had to wait.

I think that next year is going to see some more changes. Hopefully I'll find my own niche, like my friend did.

I'd like the coming year to be a good year.

No comments:

The Enthropy in Travel

Oh the pretty cabins! Pretty, pretty cabins! I'm gonna travel to a national forest and stay in a pretty cabin with all the fun things a ...