Tuesday, July 17, 2012

New Cover??

I know that covers make sales - so I've teamed up with Madison Woods to work on a new cover for 'Impressive Bravado.'

The problem is my horses are either black or mares with feminine heads. So I can't use them as models. But Madison has a photogenic horse the right color. We just had to extend his blaze a bit.

I like this cover as a 'half-way' point between the old cover and something completely new.

Snippy has a very sweet nature and a kind eye. Which is what geldings SHOULD be -sweet and gentle, kind and easy-going.

Unlike stallions who CAN be sweet when it suits them, but the old libido can make life a hell of a lot more interesting than the average horsewoman will like. Especially for her teen-aged daughter.

We are talking nips, cow kicks, bad behavior and rarely (though I've seen it) outright attacks. If you've ever seen a horse come after a human being, or had one come after YOU - there is nothing like it. The whole 'my-little-pony' aspect goes out the door and never comes back.

So, we've got this little sweet heart to be our poster-pony. Let's see what else I can come up with.

 This cover is, again, one step away from the original.

I'm going to see if I can get Andre to weigh in. He's MUCH better at cover design.

6 comments:

Madison Woods said...

I think the partial face/neck shot is more eye-catching, even though I think the second one is beautiful too (of course I'm biased about that, ha!)

Mikaela said...

I'm for the first one, only because it is less personal. The second one would be more of an "author" shot for me. I hope this is helpful in some way...only an opinion :-)

plowright said...

If you're doing an ebook, look at it in black and white before you make a decision. Extremely key. :)

K. A. Jordan said...

I'm thinking the same thing - #1 will be the best postage stamp size.

Sharon said...

Oooh, I like. #1 is #1 for me.

K. A. Jordan said...

The Eyes have it!