Sunday, February 19, 2012

Update: 'Swallow the Moon' the Paperback



I've been working on the paperback edition of 'Swallow the Moon' and I'm proud to say that it's coming right along. The cover was uploaded yesterday, the interior needs one more quick read-through. Then it's time for the first proof.

You might ask why make a paperback when e-books are the hot new market? Most people say that e-books are 20% of the present day market. But that's not the whole market - it's just 1/5th of the market.

This week, Dean challenges the assumption that 'Kindle is enough of a market' with "The Reason's for a Trade Paper Edition". Just because e-books are 20% of the market - that doesn't mean you have to turn your back on the 80%.

Makes sense, right?

This fall, as an experiment, I turned 'Let's Do Lunch' into a paperback. Create Space had a good package - for less than $800 they formatted the book, created a cover, got the ISBN, included the book in extended distribution channels and gave me 20 copies. The paperback has sold 9 copies on Amazon since it came available online.

The paperback is paying for itself.

So of course I'm going to do it again. Besides, I have to show off the cover.

Next week - I'll post the paperback cover.

July 1 Update

"Swallow the Moon" trade paperback edition is on sale here. It took a lot longer for me to get it done than I'd thought. Mostly because I've been depressed and grieving about losing Mom.

However long it took - the book is out and I'm starting to get back into the groove.

No comments:

The Enthropy in Travel

Oh the pretty cabins! Pretty, pretty cabins! I'm gonna travel to a national forest and stay in a pretty cabin with all the fun things a ...