Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Vincent Zandri Vox: "You Can Write on the Side!"

The Vincent Zandri Vox: "You Can Write on the Side!"

Saw this and thought it was worth sharing - as a lesson of sorts.

I've been on the other side of this - writing 'on the side' never worked for me. I'm just not organized enough to send out stories or novels while juggling a 'real' job and all my home responsibilities.

Realistically taking care of the people in my life and working a job is really 2 full-time jobs. So adding writing (even as a part-time job) is out of the question.

This 'dog and pony show' takes up all my time.

1 comment:

Sarah, The Webbiegrrl Writer said...

At least you recognize this just doesn't work! And yet I keep on trying to do it anyway.

I used to nag at my writer friends who had full-time jobs and spouses and kids, etc. to make sure they thought about spending an hour a day writing or some such--meanwhile I had ALL of my time available to write, having just quit my job to write full-time.

Now that I'm back at work ("only" 25-30 hrs a week but with commuting it's more like 45-50 hrs a week) to pay the bills *SO THAT* I can write, I'm find it's a lot harder than I'd imagined. It's possible, though. It just takes MONTHS instead of weeks to get ANYTHING done! Just figuring out "where was I?" takes a day or two -- and then it's time to go back to work *sigh*

The Enthropy in Travel

Oh the pretty cabins! Pretty, pretty cabins! I'm gonna travel to a national forest and stay in a pretty cabin with all the fun things a ...