Monday, January 24, 2011

Nasty, Ugly, Tempting

I'm only human after all, nor am I particularly ethical.

But when these ugly thoughts nest in my head - I'm better off to write them out - then get over it. I'm still whining (whinging for my British friends) about sales, or the lack of sales, in the UK especially.

Could I be so crude as to offer to take bribes for space on my book shelf. To sell my vote for a mere $.35 each? Would anyone be desperate enough to spend a buck, or a quid or something?

There is a very nasty little troll on my shoulder who is chortling wickedly, licking her lips and rubbing her hands together with glee. "So what if you get caught?" she says. "Laugh it off. Look at the 'slut backings,' the two for one backings. You didn't invent that crap, nor did you take advantage of it. Wimps never win you know. Cheaters win. They win all the time."

"TRY IT!" She jumps up and down like an excited Min-pin dog.

I flick her off my shoulder like a booger.

"I'll be back!"

I'm not that pathetic.

Really.

5 comments:

K. A. Jordan said...

Jean, you are starting to rub off on me!

Jean Davis said...

ROFL!

Hopefully things pick up for you soon. I'd hate to see what would happen if more rubbing occurs. ;)

D L Dzioba said...

I've named the little imp on my shoulder (Gizzitch). I know her well but don't often give in. Not often....

K. A. Jordan said...

It's the constant chatter that gets on my nerves. The little buggers never shut up.

Welcome - DL.

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful way of describing your life and attitudes. What a gift you are in my life.

AI -- Making Reading Less Interesting

The more content I read these days, the more of this odd syntax shows up. A word or two, just odd or out of place will tell you that the c...