Thursday, August 5, 2010

"Let's Do Lunch" Available on Kindle

Set off the fireworks!

As of midnight last night "Let's Do Lunch" is available on Amazon.com Kindle.

Now the work begins.

I have written a great deal about the changes to the paper publishing industry. There is one factor common to launching a book in the paper book industry and the e-book industry.

A new author has to promote the book, themselves.

The trick is to do it with a bit of class. I'm going to give it my best shot. Internet advertising is cumulative, not transitive. (I'm going to keep repeating that.)

Luck is always a factor. I hope my Irish holds up.

2 comments:

K. A. Jordan said...

I'm still trying to figure out how to get a sample chapter up. I think the first three chapters should be plenty.

This is very interesting, but much slow than I thought it would be. There is a lack of a comprehensive tool to get everything done.

You publish a book in one place, get an Author site in a different place. Have to apply to post a sample - THEN you can send a file to a different place.

Slow work - digging up all this information. The Indie Author's Guide sure comes in handy.

I'm going to have to change my blog around. All this has to be reflected here to be useful.

K. A. Jordan said...

The folks at Amazon are a bit slow but they do get the job done.

Everything is up and running the way it should be. The book is starting to sell a few copies. I think that it will sell the best going into the weekend. The book makes a good weekend read.

The Enthropy in Travel

Oh the pretty cabins! Pretty, pretty cabins! I'm gonna travel to a national forest and stay in a pretty cabin with all the fun things a ...