Monday, April 5, 2010

I'll be Back - Really

Well, farm life has become a priority for me.

If it appears that I've dropped off the face of Cyber Space, I have.

It started when the neighbor called to tell us that the old gelding was in the neighbor's yard. I'm not sure how he got out of the fence, the old boy wasn't telling.

This week the old fence is coming down - I'm have a heart attack just thinking about it! - So new fence can go up. I've got the round pen to contain the horses. They won't like it - but they will survive for a week in a confined space. Should the mares get cranky they can't corner the old gelding.

 There will be the 'new grass' issue, once the the fence is up. Water to haul and other details to handle.

I'll be back - soon enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your fence-building project. I need to do the same thing, but will probably just keep patching a bit longer until there's just no other option.

I'll be watching for you to check in when you come back to the cyber-world :)

K. A. Jordan said...

The guy came to tear the old tape fence down on Monday. While I was freaking out like a kid who'd lost her 'blankie' the contractor arrived with his tractor.

He assured me that his crew would arrive in the morning to begin.

Since they finished half the outer fence the first day - and the fence wire was tight enough to use as a violin string - I settled down.

Yesterday the horses watched the fence contractors very closely. Today they snoozed through the noise.

I'm amazed at how fast the fence is going up. So I'm not as far from Cyber space as I thought I was going to be.

AI -- Making Reading Less Interesting

The more content I read these days, the more of this odd syntax shows up. A word or two, just odd or out of place will tell you that the c...