Thursday, April 23, 2009

Boomer – still hanging in there.

Boomer – still hanging in there.

I noted yesterday that Boomer was able to stand last night when I got home.

This morning she was flat on her back again. But she was cheerful and ate well.

This evening when I came home, she was standing. I noticed that she was close to the wall as if she were using it to support her right leg. The left wing is low, to steady her. When I look at the bedding, it looks walked on. Maybe she's been walking in circles? Leaning on the wall for support?

I figured it out. She injured her right leg. It looks like the hock can't lock. When she stands on it, the hock breaks forward like a knee. I can't tell if it's dislocated or what. Could be torn tendons, from being trampled.

I thought about it for a minute. I've already noted that she started perking up after the vitamins yesterday. So tonight I feed her some more. Didn't put them in her water, but fed them straight.

While I watched she walked a few steps, then she started to groom her self. It was really cool to see her not only standing with her tail up, but preening her feathers.

4/22/09
This morning she was standing when I came to see her.

She makes these contented little peeps, almost under her breath. The litter is flat, her food dish is empty. I think she's going to pull through.

Cool.

No comments:

The Enthropy in Travel

Oh the pretty cabins! Pretty, pretty cabins! I'm gonna travel to a national forest and stay in a pretty cabin with all the fun things a ...